EPISTLE TO THE CHURCH OF SANFORD
Our Common Salvation
Paul, an apostle and bondservant of the Lord Jesus Christ. To the saints of Sanford and surrounding region who are in Christ Jesus. To the city the whole world watches, to see what will become of the races in your country.
- Grace and peace from God, the Father of Jesus Christ who has begotten us by His grace, through the blood of his only begotten Son. We give thanks for each of you praying always that the Lord will continue to give you revelation of His love for us, to Him who is eternal and true.
- Whose kingdom is coming in ever increasing power and glory. May your sanctification be evident to all before His coming.
- I write to you to remind you of those things, which were spoken by the prophets and the apostles and the Lord Jesus Himself.
- Those things concerning our Lord, which He prayed on the night of His betrayal.
Don’t Be Deceived by Satan
- For I fear for some of you who may have fallen asleep and have forgotten your first love and have accepted the serpent’s substitute for Christ.
- You may have a form of godliness and religion, yet deny the power of God in your midst as if it were something to be ashamed of. I beseech you to not allow the wisdom of this world to sway you from the simplicity of Christ, lest the message of the cross be of no effect.
- For the power of God is in proclaiming Jesus Christ crucified, buried and raised from the dead, not with persuasive words of man’s wisdom.
- For we are not ignorant of the devil’s devices in which he seeks to fix our attention onto lesser things and not the supremacy of Christ. Yes the enemy of our souls will seduce us with the things of God as long as we are not worshipping God Himself.
- This has been his most effective deception as he seeks to enslave believers in religious pursuits for righteousness as he blinds their minds to the finished work of Christ on the cross.
- Believing they are gaining the approval of God, they are driven to and fro; to everywhere, except to the costly sacrifice God has provided for their lost souls.
- And even some of the very elect have fallen into this delusion as they continue in lifeless religious traditions and the pursuit of reputation among men.
Remember the Power of God’s Might
Therefore, when I saw that this was so concerning some of you, I believe it was needful for me to address those obstacles presently besetting the advancing Church of Christ in Sanford, according to the grace I have received.
- For you know perfectly well how the enemy is like a cunning serpent, twisting the purposes of God in the earth.
- But our weapons are mighty to tear down these strongholds. Therefore let us not be afraid to fight the good fight.
The Sins of the City Are Widely Known
- It is reported and known abroad that Sanford has been struggling to rise up out of its poverty and the past wounds of racial injustice, which hinders the unity of the Church of Jesus Christ.
- The root of bitterness has been allowed to defile many. Instead of receiving the Lord’s healing, some who try to honor the suffering of their forefathers have unknowingly passed on this wound from generation to generation.
- This “victim identity” impoverishes people and withholds from them their true identity in Christ that leads to abundant life and joy in the Lord.
- This is the same slave mentality that kept the children of Israel from possessing the promise land, and caused them to waste away in the wilderness.
- Some even teach their disciples to remain separate from members of His Body because of the color of their skin. They forget that it was God who reconciled Jew and Gentile to Himself and made all peoples from one blood.
- It has also been reported that some of your shepherds are sexually immoral as were the sons of Eli, causing the people to despise the house of the Lord and no longer assemble with the saints.
- Others have greedily run after profit as Balaam, prophesying to those with itching ears for worldly prosperity.
- I rejoice in the Lord for those who have been faithfully praying for Sanford to rise up and become the city of light set on a hill.
- I call upon you “Friendly City” to remember your first name in which you were called the “Gate City”. For through you many have entered the central regions of Florida looking for hope and purpose.
- And yes, people arrived through your River Gate, through your Railroad Gate and Airport Gate. The Gates of the County seat still sit on the shores of Lake Monroe. Truly you are a gate city and the gates of hell shall not prevail against the Church of Jesus Christ in Sanford.
- Let us go forward in the full assurance of God’s power to root out and to pull down, to destroy and throw down, and to build and to plant.
- Let us obey the Lord’s command to remove the altars and sacred pillars, the mental images of anything that exalts itself above the knowledge of Christ’s victory and His prayer for us to be one in Him.
- If there is any teaching that draws men to principles instead of to the person of Jesus Christ, then let us rise up and confront it in His name. If there are leaders who are living contrary to the Scriptures, let us confront them in love, rebuking those who resist the truth.
- Let us hear the admonition to speak the truth in love. Let us no longer just think the truth. Now is the time to shout it from the housetops.
- It is time for the Church to come out of her closet. The voice of one crying in the wilderness is once again preparing the Bride for her Bridegroom.
- No longer will the Church in Sanford be subservient to the controlling spirit of religious and cultural traditions.
- Where the Spirit of the Lord is there is liberty, and liberty is what the truth produces in those who know and obey it.
Confronting Religious Control
Let us remove those strongholds that are hindering the glorious manifestation of the Lord Jesus Christ through His Body in Sanford.
- Do not forget our Lord’s Prayer that we would be one as He and the Father are one. Herein the lost will acknowledge that God truly sent Jesus to save the world, when they see us as one. Let not the Gospel fall on deaf ears because our lives contradict what we preach.
- Therefore we confront the sin of religious control that forces the people of God into sectarian groups, making disciples of ourselves that are isolated from the rest of the Body.
- We charge those who shepherd the flock to edify and work to join and knit the Body of Christ together, so every part does its share.
- We confront the error that teaches we are only responsible to build our group without any thought for the whole Body.
- Don’t become a cancer, a tumor growing without regard for the rest of the Body. Let him who thinks he stands, take heed lest he be found outside saying “Lord, Lord, didn’t we do all these things for you?”
- We are not speaking about “sameness” but about “oneness”, otherwise where would the foot, or the eye or the ear find their purpose?
- If Christ is your head and He is building a Body of every tribe, tongue and nation, then work out that purpose in Sanford. Confront everything that exalts itself against His Lordship over His Body?
- Truly are we not to pray that His Kingdom come, on earth as it is in heaven? Are we not to expect it to be manifested here in our generation? Anything less would be unbelief and vain repetition that displeases God.
- Who has bewitched you to depart from the unity of the Spirit that already exists? Why haven’t you worked with the elders of the Lord in your city?
- How is that you can strain at nat-size doctrinal differences while swallowing a camel-size Church divided against its self?
- Are you building your kingdom in Jesus’ name? Is it really the Lord you are bringing people to, or is it to your own enterprise you are bringing them to? Consider this and the Lord will give you wisdom.
- Remember that each tree will bear its own fruit. Is there liberty and life in your tree? Does the fruit of your ministry tree heal the tribes and nations in your city and your country?
- Let us consider one another and provoke one another to work the works of Jesus. He who has called us is faithful who will perform it.
- Herein is the love of God, that we love all the brethren. By this the world will know that we are His disciples.
- Therefore I beseech all the servants of God to break out of the religious traditions and isolationism that works against our Lord’s Prayer, lest you be disqualified on the Day when Christ will judge the secrets of all men.
Test and See If You Are of the Faith
Brethren examine yourselves to see if you are in the faith before the Lord comes.
- When we are received into the glories of heaven we will all be of one mind and one spirit because we shall see Him as He is.
- Let us provoke one another to consider how we can see Him that way now in the Spirit.
- The shepherds of God must model this reality for the flock to follow. What we will be in heaven we must be now in the earth.
- Those who discern the presence of the Lamb that was slain throw their crowns at His feet. Those who proudly cling to their titles or positions haven’t seen the Lord.
- Remember that the Kingdom of God births the Church. When we live from the life of the King and His Kingdom we become the true Ecclesia that represents the King. Greet one another as fellow citizens of the Kingdom.
- Know this, the Lord Himself is coming to His Church in power before He comes for His Church in glory.
- To the only wise and omnipotent God and Savior, Jesus Christ, be all the praise and glory forever and ever; Amen.